Explorer Scouts are young people aged between 14 and 18 years old. They make up the fourth Section of the Scouting family.
Explorer Scouts are supported by adult volunteers, with as much decision-making by young people as possible.
Unit members are encouraged to take responsibility for organising their own activities which could include:
- Sports such as power boating, sailing, snow/motor sports
- Campsite service – running activities or helping with site maintenance
- Fundraising or helping in the community
- Discussions on topics of interest
- Residential events – camping or in buildings
We can also help you achieve various awards:
- Queen’s Scout Award
- Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
- Explorer Belt (a 10 day challenge abroad)
These awards are regularly recognised by universities and employers as a sign of someone with enthusiasm, dedication, and a thirst for adventure!
You will also be given the chance to train as a Young Leader – working with an experienced adult, you can learn how to run activities for young people aged 6-14.