Scout Troops are for young people, both boys and girls, aged 10.5 to 14.
Scouts are encouraged to take part in activities individually and as part of a team.
The patrol system is one way Scouts can start taking responsibility for themselves and each other
Older Scouts are given the chance to take responsibility for their peers when they are asked to be a Patrol Leader.
Participation, rather than meeting set standards is the key to our approach – activity badges recognise achievements in:
- Developing leadership skills
- Learning emergency aid
- Spending nights away
- Sporting activities
- Helping others in the community
- Cooking – at home or at camp
- Adventurous activities – anything from abseiling to zorbing
- Mastering survival skills
Most Troops will offer a number of events away from home during the year and very often a camp lasting up to a week.